Coronavirus Southwest Washington Resource Guide



My number one goal is to ensure the health and well-being of the people of Southwest Washington. It’s why I have been fighting from day one for increased access to affordable health care, lowered cost of prescription drugs, and broadband access for everyone – bringing good jobs to Southwest Washington. I hope those of you who are reaching this page are healthy and well. If you have questions, comments, or suggestions you can email our team at [email protected] and we will work hard to answer them. 


Coronavirus information


The number one most important thing we can do is to put our community first and ensure we are all taking necessary precautions to safeguard the health and well-being of the people of Southwest Washington. A good start is to access the CDC resources on prevention and symptoms here. There is additional public health information from the Washington State Department of Health, including county-specific resources and information, which can be found here and their hotline here: 1(800)525-0127. Additionally, the state has a resource page that compiles all state resources and updates on one website here.  


The Washington State Department of Health requires you to wear a cloth face-covering in public when you cannot stay six feet away from others. You must wear a face-covering in indoor public settings like the grocery store, pharmacy, hardware store, health clinic, and other locations. You should also wear a face-covering outside if you cannot keep six feet away from other people at all times.


Washington state is providing face masks for low-income households. You can get a face mask by contacting the county’s emergency management office.

Clark County: Email: [email protected] Phone: 360-737-1911

Cowlitz County: Email: [email protected] Phone: 360-577-3130

Lewis County: Email: [email protected] Phone: (360) 740-1151

Thurston County: Email: [email protected] Phone: 360-867-2800

Pacific County: Phone: 360-875-9338

Wahkiakum County: Email: [email protected] Phone: 360-795-3242

Skamania County: Email: [email protected] Phone: 509-427-8076

Klickitat County: Email: [email protected] Phone: 509-773-0582 ext. 3

The Safe State Phased Reopening plan uses a county by county specification in order to mitigate the local risk. 



Clark, Cowlitz, and Klickitat County are in Phase 2

Lewis, Pacific, Thurston, Wahkiakum, and Skamania are in Phase 3

To stay up to date on what phase your county is in, visit this website:


Health Care


If you find yourself exhibiting symptoms of coronavirus (you can find that list here), please first call your healthcare provider or wherever you would usually go to receive care. This includes urgent care and health care clinics. Please call them before showing up so that they can prepare for your arrival if necessary. Moreover, many dentist offices are remaining open for emergency services.  If you have a dental emergency, please call your local dentist office rather than heading to the ER.


If you don’t have health care or have recently lost your health care benefits due to unemployment, the Washington Health Benefit Exchange has opened a special enrollment if you have had a qualifying life change to enroll in health insurance. You can apply here.


Mental Health

Southwest Washington  – Mental Health Crisis Line: (800) 626-8137 | TTY 866-835-2755

Skamania County  – Mental Health Crisis Line: (509) 427-3850

National Suicide Prevention Helpline: (800) 273-8255

Text NAMI to 741741

CVAB Warm Line 360-903-2853​ from 4:00pm-12:00am 

Lewis County – 24 Hour Crisis Line 1-800-803-8833 or 360-807-2440. 

Pacific County – 24-Hour Crisis Line at (800) 884-2298.


Domestic Violence


There has been a rise of domestic violence cases reported during this time. If you’re not safe at home, please call YWCA’s SafeChoice Domestic Violence Program. They have a 24-hour domestic violence hotline at 360-695-0501, and a toll-free hotline at 800-695-0167. For life-threatening situations please call 911.

Clark County resources:

  • Cowlitz Indian Tribe – Pathways to Healing, Vancouver, WA. Office: (360) 397-8228
  • YWCA Clark County – Safe Choice, Vancouver, WA. Office: (360) 696-0167, Crisis Line: (800) 695-0167

Cowlitz County resources:

  • Emergency Support Shelter, Kelso, WA. Office: (360) 425-1176, Crisis Line: (360) 636-8471

Klickitat County

  • Programs for Peaceful Living, Bingen, WA. White Salmon Office: 509-493-1533, Goldendale Office: 509-773-6100, Crisis Line: (800) 352-5541

Lewis County

  • Human Response Network, Chehalis, WA. Office: (360) 748-6601

Pacific County

  • Crisis Support Network, Raymond, WA. Office: (360) 875-6702, Crisis Line: (800) 435-7276

Skamania County

  • Skamania County Council on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault, Stevenson, WA. Office: (509) 427-4210, Crisis Line: (877) 427-4210

Wahkiakum County

  • Charlotte House/St. James Domestic Violence Program, Cathlamet, WA. Office: (360) 795-8612, Crisis Line: (360) 795-6400




If you have recently lost your job, are on standby, or are furloughed, you can apply for unemployment insurance here. If you are unsure about whether you qualify for unemployment, you can get more information on eligibility requirements here. In the last several weeks, there has been new legislation and regulations enacted in response to coronavirus.  You can get answers to frequently asked questions about how this can impact your unemployment insurance here. There are WorkForce resources as well, which can be accessed at the county level.  

If you live in Clark, Cowlitz, or Wahkiakum county, you will need to scroll down to “Individuals.”  You can access those pages here

If you live in Pacific, Lewis, or Thurston county, you can find information here. 


You can also call your WorkSource office directly: 

Pacific (360) 875-9470

Lewis (360) 748-2360

Thurston (360) 704-3600

Skamania and Klickitat counties (509)574-1950.


Small Business


Growing up, my family owned a small business, John’s Fresh Produce, and it showed me that our small businesses are the backbone of our communities and our economy. There are multiple options for small business relief here in Southwest Washington. The U.S. Small Business Administration has Coronavirus Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources including Paycheck Protection Program, EIDL Loan Advance, SBA Express Bridge Loans, and SBA Debt Relief here. There are also resources at your local Economic Development Council, WorkForce Development office, and Chamber of Commerce. Link below for further information councils in your county

The Small Business Administration is accepting the second round of Paycheck Protection Program applications from participating lenders. You can find a participating lender here. 

County Economic Development Councils

Clark County

Cowlitz County

Klickitat County

Lewis County

Pacific County

Skamania County

Thurston County

For Wahkiakum County, please email [email protected] 



Clark, Cowlitz, & Wahkiakum Counties

Klickitat & Skamania Counties

Lewis, Pacific, & Thurston Counties


Chambers of Commerce 

Small businesses can utilize Chambers of Commerce to connect to resources and other small businesses to problem solve. You generally don’t need to be a member to talk to someone at the chamber and get the assistance you need. 

Clark County:

Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce (includes Battle Ground)



La Center North Clark County: (360) 263-4636


Cowlitz County:


Castle Rock: (360) 274-6603

Kalama: (360) 673-6299


Mt. St. Helens Toutle: (360) 274-8920


Klickitat County:

White Salmon: (509) 493-3630



Lewis County: 

Morton: (360) 496-6086


Mossyrock: (360) 983-8470


Pacific County:

Gig Harbor

Ocean Park

South Bend: (360) 875-5231


Skamania County:

Skamania County: Stevenson


Thurston County:

Thurston County


Wahkiakum County:

Wahkiakum County



Food Assistance


If you need help accessing food, you can find resources and applications for food assistance information here. Looking for food for your children who normally receive lunch at their schools? Check to see what your school district is doing to deliver meals or give out sack lunches here. Additionally, please contact your local food bank. Listed below are food banks in your county with instructions on how to receive food. 


Clark County 

Clark County Food Bank has listed the seventeen food pantries, prepared hot food options, and transportation assistance programs in every corner of Clark County here.


Cowlitz, Wahkiakum, and Pacific County 

Cowlitz County Family Health lists the food pantries that serve Cowlitz, Wahkiakum, and Pacific Counties here.


Klickitat County

The food banks in Klickitat County are listed here.


Lewis County 

For Mossyrock & Onalaska: The S.O.M.M.A Food Bank can be accessed here.

The Greater Chehalis Food Bank can be accessed here.

The Winlock-Vader Food Bank can be accessed here.


Skamania County

The Skamania Branch Food Bank can be found here.


Thurston County

Assistance from the Thurston County Food Bank, which distributes emergency food bags can be found here. It distributes emergency food bags M-W-F 11-3pm 


Immediate Relief:  Bill Assistance


Washingtonians across the state are having trouble paying their bills. Washington Department of Financial Institutions has some great resources and tips for what you can do to lessen this burden, from utility bills, rent/mortgages, student loans, credit card bills, etc.  You can access it here


How you can help!


We will be updating this list daily when we learn of new volunteer opportunities.  When volunteering, it is important that you comply with the CDC’s recommendations regarding public health and safety.


Clark County

  • Share is looking for donations of new, needed items, including non-perishable food, cleaning supplies, and or homemade masks. These donation drop-offs must be arranged by appointment. Please contact Molly Evjen, the Director of Volunteers & Community Resources at [email protected] or 360-952-8228.
  • The Woodland Action Center is looking for volunteers who have experience volunteering at a food bank to staff their food bank. To register, fill out this form.


Cowlitz County

  • Volunteer with FISH from home by answering calls anonymously forwarded from the FISH helpline. You can get signed up here.
  • Lower Columbia CAP is looking for volunteers and donations. Make a donation here or call 360-425-3430 to learn more about volunteering.


Klickitat and Skamania Counties

  • 2nd Harvest, which manages food banks in Klickitat County, is accepting donations. To donate, click here.
  • The Washington Gorge Action Program, which is the lead distribution agency for the food banks in Klickitat and Skamania county, is accepting donations here and looking for volunteers here.


Lewis County

  • The Centralia Salvation Army, which provides hot meals, is accepting donations to be used locally here.
  • The Greater Chehalis Food Bank is accepting donations. They can be reached at 360-262-9647.


Pacific County

  • The Ocean Park Food Bank is looking for volunteers, call (360) 665-6567 for more information.
  • Ilwaco Food Bank is accepting donations at 303 First Ave S Ilwaco, WA (the old Portside Cafe).


Thurston County 

  • The Thurston County Food Bank is looking for volunteers here.
  • The Winter Hospitality Overflow shelter at St. Paul Lutheran Church needs coverage for certain shifts. Those who are healthy and able to help at the men’s overnight shelter can contact Joy Gault at 360-901-5230 or [email protected].


Wahkiakum County


  • The West End Food Pantry is accepting donations and volunteers. On Thursdays, call 360-465-2344 and other days call Shonda Ware (360)762-9913 for more information.



PPE Donations


If you have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other supplies to donate to our healthcare workers, reach out to your local hospital. Examples of supplies needed are Latex free gloves, Commercially made procedural masks and surgical masks, N95 respirators and N95 filters, Other respirators (P100’s, PAPR’s, and PAPR supplies/parts), face shields, splash shields, gowns, hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes.



Hospital: PeaceHealth St. John’s 

Contact: Marisa Hutcheson [email protected]



Hospital: Morton General

Contact: Tina Clevenger 521 Adams, Ave, Morton: ATTN Tina Clevenger


Clark County:

Clark County Public Health Office

Contact: [email protected] to schedule donations and deliveries.


Hospital: Legacy Salmon Creek

Contact: Jon Hersen [email protected]


Hospital: PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center

Contact: Send a description of the supplies they have and their contact information to [email protected]


Other Community Resources


    • List of Open Local Businesses in the Greater Vancouver Area here.
    • Visit the Vancouver, Wa COVID-19 Community Aid & Support here.
    • Washington Gorge Action Programs provides assistance with food access, emergency housing, and support for those experiencing domestic violence here.
    • Guided Path can help you find shelter, transitional housing, permanent housing support, and rental assistance 509-493-4234
    • Comprehensive Community Health in White Salmon and Goldendale 509-493-4400